Ankkurikatu 7, 15140 Lahti, Finland
Open Mon.–Fri., 8am–5pm,
on weekends one hour prior to start of event
Cloakroom charge: €2 per person
(Cloakroom opens one hour prior to the event)
● Car park between Ankkurikatu and hall building
- Three diagonal parking spaces next to the inner wall
for patrons’ use for 15 minutes.
- Three spaces for disabled parking next to the inner wall.
- Five spaces for meeting participants nearest the taxi stand
next to the wall by the street.
● Harbour market car park: at the end of the building
● The empty site on Ankkurikatu: unofficial parking spaces
on a levelled sand field, in winter only partly cleared of snow
● Parking spaces for coaches, reserved on Satamakatu
(Drivers are kindly requested to pay attention to the local
bus route stop at the hall)
● Car space near the main doors for drop-off and pick-up only
● Six bicycle spaces for patrons, near the taxi stand
(Cyclists are kindly requested not to leave bicycles near the doors)
Parents are kindly requested to note the following:
● A seat must always be reserved for a child for Main Hall events
● Loud sounds may scare small children and damage
● Lahti Symphony Orchestra concerts have a five-year age limit,
as a small child does not understand why one should sit still at a
concert, and a long symphony concert may be too much to
comprehend in one sitting
● No separate controlled storage facility is provided for prams and
● At Ipana-Rock concerts, pushchairs can be taken by lift to the
Everyone attending a concert or other event subject to charge must have an entrance ticket. This includes children, companions, and group drivers. Tickets are checked at the doors. Sibelius Hall uses barcode readers.
● Photography, videos, and sound recording during the
concert are not permitted
● Please ensure that your mobile phone is switched
off throughout the concert/event
● It is not permitted to take drinks or food into the hall
● For security reasons, you may not take your outerwear or backpack
with you to concerts; these should be left in the cloakroom
(cloakroom charge: €2 per coat or backpack)
● Sibelius Hall has excellent and sensitive acoustics
and therefore the music sounds so good there.
Unfortunately, the sensitive acoustics also amplifies
other noises – so for example, the decibels of someone
coughing correspond to the sound of a French horn.
Please see the instructions for a symphony concert: www.sinfonialahti.fi
● You may take photographs for your own use to a limited extent
● The hall has a limited area where drinks are served
● The Klubi facility has no age limit
● The Main Hall rules also apply to events in the Carpenter’s Hall,
with the exception of Finlandia-klubi/Ipana-Rock events
● A smoking area can be found in the inner courtyard
● The Main Hall fan desk can be found in the middle of
The Forest Hall, in front of the stairs
● Lahti Symphony Orchestra recordings are available at the concerts
● At light music concerts, you can buy records by the artists as well
as T-shirts or other fan items
● Also, children's concerts and events may have nice fan items
● Some entertainers may come to the fan desk to sign autographs
after the concert
● At Sibelius Hall, there is free entry to the foyer, the Forest Hall, and
the Lastu restaurant
● During private events, there may be access restrictions
also into these areas
● Photography within Sibelius Hall is permitted for private use only;
interview and other photography must be agreed upon
beforehand (tel. +358 3 814 2815)
● If you need assistance, please contact our attendants
Sibelius Hall serves all patrons as equally as possible.
● Parking facilities:
Three spaces at the hall building for disabled parking next to the
● Automatic doors:
Automatic door on the Ankkurikatu side of the main entrance,
with the button on the left-hand side
The doors of the conference wing open with the button on the wall,
and the inner door opens automatically; the conference wing has a
● Accessible lift:
● The Finlandia-klubi facility, on the second floor, can be reached by lift
(max. 25 persons); Finlandia-klubi has a flat floor, and there is
access by wheelchair also at the front, by the stage
There is a lift (max. 8 persons) from the foyer to the VIP sauna cabinet (4th floor), Hartman foyer, group rooms, and offices (2nd floor)
All guests using a wheelchair or, for example, a walker are kindly requested to arrive early for the events. This ensures that the Sibelius Hall staff will have time to assist the person to the hall and to find the seat, if necessary. The entrance area gets crowded once the doors open, and the personnel endeavour to bring in those who need assistance before the rest of the audience.
The 12 wheelchair spaces in the Main Hall of Sibelius Hall are located in the last row (row 23) of the stalls. Access to these seats is directly from the entrance floor through the Forest Hall via the hall doors.
Lift access to the lower stalls is from the right-hand echo chamber.
Lift access to the first and second balcony is available from the back centre of The Forest Hall.
When booking seats to be used with a wheelchair, please ensure that the seats are in the designated areas. Access to other seats is difficult on account of stairs. Also, companions should purchase their tickets early to ensure a seat near the person needing assistance.
Wheelchairs and walkers are available for hire at Sibelius Hall to assist in getting around for the duration of the event.
Accessible toilets are located near the cloakroom: proceed straight down the corridor from the box office, and turn right around the corner. Also around the corner there is a nappy-changing room available.
Guests using guide dogs or other assistance dogs may attend concerts in the Main Hall and Finlandia-klubi as well as visit the restaurant premises.
Please note that the volume of the music and also the lights in the concerts may disturb the dog.
The dog may be left in the designated location in the foyer to wait. The staff will show you this location.
A hearing induction loop is in operation to reduce background noise in the Main Hall of Sibelius Hall. If you notice disturbance in the operation of the device, please contact a member of staff.
Ankkurikatu 7, FI-15140 Lahti
Open Mon - Fri at 1 pm - 5 pm, on concert days until the beginning of the programme, and for matinee concerts and on weekends from one hour prior to the event.
No service charge.
Tel. +358 600 39 3949 (1.50 € / min + local network charge)
Mon - Fri, 11 am - 5 pm